Saturday, October 9, 2010

Soda Springs Ride 10/09/2010


On Soda Springs Road.

Kevin and I had a great ride, going up I-80 to Soda Springs, then taking Soda Springs Road down to Robinson Flat. It's a pretty rough road, and there was lots of water from recent storms. This proved to be a life saver through, as on fellow we came across had said that a stretch of road had been churned into 2 feet of dust by logging trucks. Fortunately, the rains had tamped all that down and that stretch proved to be fairly easy. What wasn't so easy were some of the steep rocky sections we encountered-I managed to drop the Strom once-but no serious harm done. 
I had actually ridden this road several years ago on a bicycle! It was really hard then. I can tell you, a motorcycle is much easier.  Really, the BMW and the Strom both handled this rode pretty well. We did take it easy, some guys on the light Dual sports were just flying!


No comments:

Post a Comment