Monday, March 29, 2010

Kitchen Remodel; Drywall Day!!

Today was drywall day! We were looking forward to this day because the house has been freezing cold without a ceiling in the kitchen. We were beginning to wonder about it though, when the drywall guys hadn't showed up by 1 p.m.! Shelly gave up waiting and went on her errands. (We have a key stashed for the workers to use when we're not around).

When I got home at 5:00, however, the guys were hard at work, hidden behind a plastic sheet. They had arrived about 3 p.m. and got right down to business. They were fast workers, by 6:00, they were out of there! 


Here's the latest:



 I wish I was there when they put the sheetrock up, I don't know if they had a hoist, or if they muscled it up there.

 We've got a ceiling!

The drywall guys will come back tomorrow for the finishing work. After that, we will have the Super Shooters return to, I believe, paint. Then, it looks like we'll get the cabinets by the end of the week!!


Boy, the house really is a lot warmer with a ceiling in the kitchen! 

Hopefully I'll be back Friday or Saturday with cabinet pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment